A. Mission – Arizona Authors’ Association fosters literary achievement, youth and adult literacy and the literary arts, while advancing the craft of writing and serving the writers, authors, editors, publishers and allied professionals of Arizona and the nation.
B. Values – Ensuring and Promoting:
1. Literature for its power to enrich the lives of individuals and communities;
2. Annual international literary contest featuring unpublished and published work;
3. Cultivation of literary audiences, both adult and youth;
4. Educational programs, workshops, conferences, reading series, critique groups; and,
5. Annual literary magazine celebrating writing excellence across the nation.
C. Primary Goal – Support and assist the literary community in creating its best body of work while connecting with the widest audience.