Incorporated in 1978, Arizona Authors’ Association is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit membership literary and educational organization. The Association serves as the largest, key information and referral center for Arizona’s literary community, supporting the literary arts statewide and across the nation.
Mission – Arizona Authors’ fosters literary achievement, advances the art of writing and serves the writers, authors, publishers, editors and allied literary arts professionals in Arizona and the nation.
- Fostering literature created for its power to enrich the lives of individuals and communities;
- Sponsor an annual international literary competition featuring published and unpublished work;
- Cultivating literary audiences, both adult and youth;
- Organize, sponsor and/or support literary educational programs, conferences, seminars, workshops, reading series and critique groups; and,
- Publish an annual literary magazine/journal celebrating writing excellence across the globe.
Primary Goal –
Provide Arizona authors and writers the tools to be successful in the literary community and in the marketplace.
The Association’s membership roster is vast and diverse, including award-winning and best-selling fiction and nonfiction authors, beginning writers, aspiring poets, authors, journalists, columnists, screenwriters, business writers, publishers, literary agents and consultants, illustrators, editors, song writers literary critics.